Monday, March 2, 2015

Oh My Pretty Thing!

Suddenly, she appears at my doorstep,
Sparkling, brilliant as a breath of fresh air,
Heart skips a beat, palms turn clammy,
After all, who can resist a sight so rare?

She isn’t rousingly jealous of my friends
But joins in the fun to blow away the blues
Sipping milkshakes bathing in warm smiles
She is mine by the day and nights too!

She loves when I can’t see her in the eye
And hide behind dense sunshades
She whispers sweet nothings in the wind
As I turn nervous under her intense glare

For a few months, she vacations here.
A few months there and a few months elsewhere
How I wish for her returns; her memorable sojourns 
Which never fail to light up life without a care

 I greet her with outstretched arms,
As memories haunt numbed bodies and minds.
Oh my darling Summer, whose embrace is warm,
Don’t leave me; for I am a prisoner of your charm

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...