Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Harmony


I stopped listening to music. Not that I wanted to, but the pressures of life sometimes hold you by the collar so tight, you tend to forego things that actually pep up your life. Now, it seems like years since I have actually put on my earphones and listened to some good soft music.

I for one could relate music to two things. One, music is like a medicine which helps soothe your aching nerves. Two, it is like the company of trusted friends, a great stress buster. If only I could hold on to this dear friend, music, and let him be by mental therapist as often as possible, then life would really ROCK!!!

But there are some bands that could work the other way and take your peace away and throw it out of the window. Like the bands Guns and Roses, Rolling Stone, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Deep Purple…which are heavily into heavy metal. No offence meant, but my heart just can’t stomach heavy metal. I wouldn’t mind listening to these bands once in a while but not on a regular beat. With life already filled with lot of jarring effects, why would anyone like to listen to jarring sounds? It’s simpler and easier to listen to Bryan Adams sing, “Everything I do…” or Elton John croon to “Sacrifice” or watch Toni Braxton in her inimitable voice sing, “Unbreak my heart” or Lionel Richie whisper, “Hello.” Although the songs seem old they are as fresh as jasmine flowers in August. You can’t but help appreciate the effect.

My advice to all those who feel let down and the pressures of the world choke on them. Take a day off! Run away into the woods. Insulate yourself from this mad, mad world. Lie down on the green grass; enjoy the mild caress of the summer breeze. Then, fall in love with the music on your i-pod!

2 comments:

Joel Indrupati said...

Good post, Danny. The blues can drive out the blues. And 'rock' does make some 'rock on'. Even you dont approve of it.

Music's may seem a a great soother and refresher to you..but it is also a bringer of nostalgic pain or headbanging pleasure to many.

"If Music Be the Food of Love, play on" - Thats how, Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' starts.

Oh, btw, here are some of my favourites... check...if u have high speed internet, you can watch and listen.

http://www.joelsjottings.com/2007/04/favourite-love-stories-in-songs.html

Daniel. I said...

Anna, I tried accessing the youtube on our blog, but I think the songs have been removed. Anyway, I'll check them out.You missed out on the 'Yellow lemon tree' though.

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...