Sunday, January 17, 2016

Warm Greetings 2016!


Before January slips away into oblivion, let me wish all readers a happy and prosperous new year 2016.

I guess I am tad late on my New Year wishes to readers. Frankly, I have absolutely no idea how many take interest in reading my blog. Ironically, when I glance through friends’ blogs I witness diehard followers and heartwarming responses. Since, hardly any comments come in on my blog; I am possessed with a feeling that none is aware of my existence. Nonetheless, the number of page hits is fairly good. It’s a little assurance that people do read the blog which is inspiration enough to keep plodding on.

However, what upsets me a bit is I couldn’t do 100 posts which I promised in 2015. Not that I didn’t make any efforts. I was caught up with loads of works on professional front. When I thoughtfully weighed the options, work ranked first, the blog, second. I know that’s not an excuse. So, this year, I am revising the strategy and will do at least 8 posts per month, this way, instead of checking progress at yearend, I keep a tab every month. Perhaps this will see me through 2016’s target.

If I can be boastful, let me mention on the professional front, I did some decent work. My work featured in National Geography Magazine. As if that’s not enough, another client of mine won a national award and another, global. Though I was directly behind them, I know it’s the client who will hog the limelight. But, I am quite satisfied at the outcome.

Running a marathon took a backseat. But gym took the driving seat, as I made some visible progress. And I have well-defined abs to vouch for me. Of course, I can’t show it here. ;)

Intentionally, I set 100 goals last year. I was able to achieve only 30% of targets. The rest got defocused, diluted and debunked. This year too it’s 100 goals but aim at achieving at least 70% of them. One major decision of course is to launch my own company which seems near impossible considering market’s slit-throat competition. Anyway, setting aside some capital to start in near future, this could take couple of years. 

However, I have a lot to thank friends who serve as inspiration and egg me on to success. And once again I thank readers and wish them a bright year ahead. Keep looking at the stars, that’s how we aim higher and further. Happy 2016! 

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...