Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Lungful of Fresh Air and a Few Pleasant Sightings

Earlier, I was passionate about jogging. But with years tearing by and sinewy muscles being slowly replaced by a less sturdy body and depleting muscle, jogging in the recent past has become a distant memory. But whenever I notice someone with a powerful physique, the need to jog gets ignited in the mind again. Unfortunately the passion lasts only for a day or two…and starts again when I spot someone with a deadly physique… much like the deadly, vicious circle that the old economics textbooks talk about.

I still wonder how John Abraham, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar keep their bodies looking sculpted and well-toned. Of course, these guys could afford the best of trainers and dieticians, but then again if they didn’t slog it out at the gym, they could never have had such bodies. It only makes me wonder at their grit and commitment to stay in shape, even long after they have crossed their thirties (Among these, I guess only John hasn’t crossed his thirties). Believe me, as an ex-gym going guy, getting rid of flab and replacing it with wiry muscle isn’t that easy.

In fact, the likes of Johns, Salmans, and Akshays are the ones who keep me on my toes…I mean literally. Though I don’t come anywhere near them when it comes to keeping fit, the passion to keep clinically fit is what prods me into jogging every now and then.

Today, while jogging, I caught sight of a young child accompanied by his father (whom the doctors probably have advised to jog). Actually, the father wasn’t jogging, but running. Not because the doctors have advised him to. But because the kid was running away in whichever direction he liked. The child was innocently incorrigible.

Another thing that caught my attention was a group of art students sitting on a park bench trying to capture the morning sun on paper in colour. I walked to them and stood by the group, but they were so enraptured with the sight of the morning sunrays breaking through the woods, they hardly noticed my presence. I stood for sometime analyzing their work, and then broke off into a jog. when I finished my morning dose of jogging, I stood and stared at the sun. Drinking in the warmth and the dazzle. Knowing that the jogging ritual has cleansed my body, now I am ready for the highs and lows of life.

4 comments:

Raj_DBA said...

Danny, I liked your blog on jogging. I am not here by accident, so I plan to keep coming back.

Daniel. I said...

Thanks for dropping by, Raj anna. Do keep visiting; I have plans to make the blog as interesting as possible.

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda said...

Dan

Awesome article....keep jogging er...keep writing!

love
Munnakka

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...