Friday, December 12, 2008

Nicholas Sparks Plays Your Emotions Like a Harp.

One of my friends gifted me the book, “A walk to remember”. Honestly, I am extremely fastidious when it comes to reading. Unless I am sure the book is interesting and the author is quite famous, I don’t feel the urge to touch the book. That’s because in the past, I have splurged away valuable time reading books that weren’t interesting or educating in any angle. The fear of being taken again for a ride still looms large in my head.

But when I read the blurb on the paperback, all things changed. It’s on the blurb that I discovered Nicholas Sparks was the one who wrote the books like Notebook, Rescue and The Bend in the Road. All of these books, I understand, are outstanding in their own league. When I realized this truth, the courage to spend time with the book, “A Walk to Remember” returned and I was left reading the book which later played on my emotions, literally.

If you thought Erich Segal’s Love Story was ultimate, wait till you read Nicholas Sparks ’ A Walk to Remember. It’s the storyline that suddenly disappears in the middle; you and the protagonist in the story really don’t know what to do till the end. You become as helpless as the hero, or as helpless as the heroine. Whatever, you remain literally helpless all through the book.
The story is so heart-tugging that with tears flowing down and soaking the tainted brownish papers of the book and emotions running amok, the only hope you could look to is – the author’s mercy.
So, next time you are close to a book shop and feel the urge to shop for a book, make sure its Nicholas Sparks' book. With his books there may not be much excitement but you'll never runout on emotional narratives.

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...