Sunday, February 8, 2009

When Silence Speaks

The body, when it is silent, it is the mind that becomes restless. For me, the last few days were nothing but bodily silence. I thought of questions like how much time I have left on this earth. What have I achieved so far? Have I justified my existence to god? Or at least to myself? The questions I seek have no answer. Because somewhere down the line, I missed my way. I got lost in the forest of temptation. Probably, ate the fruit that was forbidden. Although, I affirm, I haven’t committed any sin that is earth-shattering or broken any one of the commandments, I know all it takes is one small error to ruin progress - whether it’s earthly or spiritual. It’s akin to a scientist’s small error which may not help the project take off! The error may not be colossal. But the project is halted.

God sometimes tests the scientist’s abilities. Don’t blame the machine!

The thought that must thoroughly cleanse our complacent minds is: are we giving our 100% (mind you, not a percent less) to whatever we are working on? If not, it’s time we decided to.

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...