Monday, January 7, 2008

Amar Chitra Comics – A treasure trove of inspiring stories.

As grownups, I think everyone of us misses his/her childhood days. I wish I were once again a child dashing through the school corridors yelling out loud caring two hoots for the students or the teachers. The very memoirs gently pull on the heart strings turning me nostalgic and misty eyed.

As a child, what I enjoyed the most was reading comic books which my brother used to bring home tucked under his arm from Ajantha library which was close by. My elder sister, my younger brother and I used to fondly look forward to his return. We would keep guessing what he would bring home whether it is going to be a Tintin or an Asterix or a Phantom or a Mandrake or simply an Amar Chitra Comic book.

Among all, I liked Amar Chitra comics a lot. Stories culled out of the Hindu Mythology have always fascinated me. And still remain to fascinate me though the belief of reality eludes me.

So, my joy knew no bounds when I stumbled upon a book store in a book fare, which had a large collection of Amar Chitra comics. Joyously I gave myself the liberty of picking up as many as I could with whatever money was left in my wallet. I am glad I did that, because now I can look forward to spending some quality time reading my favorite books – Amar Chitra Comics - and relive those good old school days.
n

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...