Saturday, January 19, 2008

"The monk who sold his Ferrari " fails to impress me

I am very choosy when it comes to reading books. This probably is one of the reasons why I don’t read every book that I come across. After a lot of deliberation, I convince myself by actually leafing through a couple of pages before contemplating on owning a book. Only when the author’s style, clarity in presentation and storyline impress me, I think of purchasing it.

So, when everyone was raving about Robin S. Sharma’s book, "The monk who sold his Ferrari”, I had my own apprehensions hidden at the back of my mind.. Now after completing the reading of the book, I am quite convinced it is a pure dud. I believe the book is crammed with a lot of mumbo-jumbo that really doesn’t work in the present system. The logical reasoning Julian delivers to his subordinate lawyer is down right silly at times.

I think Indians have taken to this book for the simple reason that there is a lot of praise on the East. Indians are good at resting on their past laurels as most of them still believe in sages having super natural powers that enable to live for more than 1000 years.

Wake up Indians. Get a life!

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...