Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Businessworld and Outlook at Reliance Fresh

Shopping for vegetables has never been on my agenda. But marriage sure can change priorities in men. Moreover, men are not courageous enough to complain or skip the shopping routine. One glance from the lady and the husband could freeze in his tracks. And mind you, that’s not because of the air-conditioning but the cold stare that could be anything from -5 degrees to -200 degrees.

As for me, I am still in the process of mastering the skill of avoiding that gaze. Anyway if the wife is a good cook and asks to tag along to Reliance Fresh, one shouldn’t mind hopping there to pick his choice of vegetables- which later could turn out to be a delicious dish at home. Since my wife is a good cook, I don’t mind tagging along.

But what took me by surprise at the Reliance Fresh is the wide assortment of products. The name is rather misleading. Anybody would think the store offers only fresh vegetables. But there are lots of other things too at Reliance- if not fresh. From cooking pans to bone china to kitchen towels to shaving creams to magazines…you have everything.

Yes, you have heard it right. Magazines. I was surprised too! In fact there are all kinds of magazines. The girlie ones and the macho ones. Femina, FilmFare, Wow, Outlook, Businessworld… Besides, I like the way Businessworld is written. I was a regular subscriber of it. Of late, the subscription expired and I was not able to get it renewed for the simple reason that I lost the contact number of the person who renewed it last year. So the reminisces of old times hit me hard whenever I go there. And I immediately buy a Businessworld for old times sake. Now, even if the onus of accompanying my wife to Reliance Fresh does fall on me, I wouldn’t mind because I have a hoard of magazines at Reliance to lean on.

No comments:

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...