Monday, March 24, 2008

Random afterthoughts of Easter

Belated Happy Easter! Another year has passed by. What have I done to appease my Savior? The heart sincerely craves to do more for the lord. But the flesh insincerely gives in to the worldly pleasures. Torn immensely between these two, I hardly have the assuring peace of god at heart. And when I read Oswald J. Smith’s book, The Man God Uses… it’s like the Lord’s booming voice asking me, “Where are you?” as it did to Adam when he ate the forbidden fruit. Here’s a poem by Oswald J. Smith that keeps knocking on my heart’s door and keeps reminding me of God's call.

Have you heard the Master’s Call?
Will you go, forsaking all?
Millions still in sin and shame
Ne’er have heard the Savior’s name.

Some may give and some may pray
But for you He calls to-day;
Will you answer: “Here am I,”
Or must Jesus pass you by?

Have you heard their bitter cry?
Can you bear to see them die,
Thousands who in darkest night
Never yet have seen the light?

Soon ‘twill be too late to go
And your love for Jesus show,
Oh, then quickly speed away,
Tarry not another day.

What if you refuse to go?
Someone then will never know
Of the Saviour kind and true
And the blame will rest on you.

Will you, then, forsaking all
Gladly heed the Master’s Call,
Answer quickly, “Lord, send me!
To the lands beyond the sea?”

2 comments:

Willowtree said...

That poem is really heart tugging. Have you notice that there arent many poems about what we can do for God right in our own neighborhoods?
What of the people who cannot travel overseas? I dont think they are useless. I think you can make an equally important impact right in your own backyard.
Maybe that is something to write a poem about.

Daniel. I said...

Yes, I do believe there are a lot of people right here, who don't know about Christ.

But have you noticed the oddity of life. While living we want everything except God. On death we want nothing about God. Strange.

By the way, thanks for the visit. Maybe I'll pen a poem about what you said.

And The Oscar Goes To...

This was published in the newspaper The Hans India  The 92 nd   Oscar Awards are all poised to razzle-dazzle with big guns of film frate...